Sinfonia Cymru seeks to appoint a Treasurer with a passionate interest in music to join the Board as Trustee.
Sinfonia Cymru is a future-driven chamber orchestra based in Cardiff that exists to support young professional musicians at the outset of their careers and to share exceptional musical experiences with the people of Wales. The orchestra’s commitment to excellence and innovation was recently recognised by the Arts Council of Wales through increased annual revenue funding. Sinfonia Cymru places young professional musicians front and centre of its bold vision through increasing opportunities to experiment and try out new ideas. With a growing reputation for doing things differently, Sinfonia Cymru has attracted national media and sector recognition for its work and has witnessed rapid development together with significant growth in recent years.
Sinfonia Cymru is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The orchestra operates as a not-for-profit organisation and is funded by the Arts Council of Wales, by income from performances and from fundraised income. Board meetings take place bi-monthly and are usually held at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, starting at 6pm. Sinfonia Cymru’s current Trustees are listed below.
The Treasurer will:
- Make sure the charity keeps proper accounts
- Review the charity’s financial performance
- Draw up or review policies for finance and investment
- Ensure that the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place
- Liaise with finance and office staff and with the charity’s independent examiner
- Report on financial matters to Trustees
- Contribute positively to the strategic development of the organisation, overseeing the orchestra’s vision and mission and working alongside the CEO and other Trustees to enable further strengthening and growth
To further support the organisation’s finance function, Sinfonia Cymru is currently recruiting a freelance Finance Manager/Accountancy Practice.
To register an interest in this non-executive position, please email Sophie Lewis, Chief Executive, (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining your suitability by Friday 31 March 2017.
Lucy Stout (Chairman) Director of Development, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
Peter Bellingham, Peter Bellingham Arts Consulting
Matt Carwardine-Palmer, Director of Marketing & Sales, Welsh National Opera
David Jackson, Artistic Director, Cardiff Singer of the World
Ian Morris, Partner, Chandler KBS
Kempton Rees, Partner, Darwin Gray
Catrin Slater, Director, Mid Wales Music Trust
Gaye Williams, West Wales tourism
Bartosz Woroch, Violinist